Confession time

Wednesday, June 10, 2009


I am a petrol head*. There, I said it, its out in the open, few! I can sleep now. What was supposed to be a quick trip to the Finke Desert Race Start/Finish Line to see off friends who were racing turned into a two day Finke extravaganza - including, but not limited to getting up at 7:30 ON A PUBLIC HOLIDAY to see the first cars come in!

I think the race tapped into my childhood where I loved to hear my Uncle's stories about sprint car racing. Whatever it was I thoroughly enjoyed watching the racers take off and the anticipation of seeing them come back**


*As defined by definition 3 of the wiktionary 'Person involved in motor racing either as participant or ultra-dedicated spectator.'
** 68% of the cars did not finish the race, including one that ended up as a fireball.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...