12WBT Wrap Up

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

 photo IMG_4557_zps4db76aa5.jpg
The 12wbt has come to an end. I feel much better for doing it, but I feel that I could have done better. 

I have found that I loved the exercise portion of the 12wbt. Pushing myself to better my times or do the next level on a workout dvd has been challenging and fantastic. I taught myself to run along the beach, starting with just one interval of running & building up to the whole run (my tracks are on the beach above). I can do 6 more push-ups in a minute than before, I can do 19 extra seconds on a wall sit & I shaved 12 seconds off my 1km run time. But I can do better. I never did 6 days straight of workouts as required, nor did I do at least an hour for each session. 

I also haven't been able to stick very closely to the food part of the 12wbt. We don't, in general, eat that differently to the meal plan, but it has been Christmas/New Years/Holidays and things have been a little lapse. I've still managed to loose 39.5cm in total, but no kilos. Considering that my goal was to not put on weight over Christmas, then I have achieved that, but I do want to shed a few kilos so I have signed up again for Round 1 of 12WBT 2013. This time I'm going to stick closely to the meal plans as well as doing the exercise, all of the exercise this round. 

And of course I'll continue to update you as I go along.

4 comments :

  1. Well done on signing up again. I umm'd and ahh'd but have done the same. I was like you but in reverse, followed all the meals but let the exercise slip after I broke my wrist.

    Here's to a great round 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breaking your wrist sounds like an excellent excuse to let the exercise slip a bit. Good luck for this round!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure it is muscle gained rather than kgs lost! I've gained TEN POUNDS since I started doing CrossFit but my body is much thinner and trimmer as I've put on muscle and lost fat. Great job on those benchmarks!! Isn't it amazing seeing that progress!! Great job. And beautiful photo of your footprints! You should frame that.

    (Sorry I've been slacking on commenting... I'm reading your posts but, with Alice in that ever-so-fun clingy stage, I don't get any daytime blog reading done! XO)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 pounds! Holy Crap. I did kind of think that losing so many cms when I lost no weight was a little strange, but I guess it isn't?!

      I miss the comments, but completely understand! We had no internet while we were on holidays apart from our phones, so I haven't been commenting much on blogs for the past few weeks either x

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you
Alli xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...