New hair colour?

Friday, April 26, 2013

 photo hair_zps20a9c1c1.jpg
For a number of years now I've had my hair coloured with a full head of foils & never really thought about doing anything else until I was reading Vogue during Lulu's naptime. The latest edition in Australia has a section on what's in with hair at the moment. Vogue mentioned balayage, which is a more subtle version of ombre hair. It's a great way to go a little more natural in your colour while still having a hint of lighter colour. Unfortunately it doesn't happen overnight. 

One of the mum's from my mum's group came over on Sunday to cut and coloured my hair. She used an overall colour to tone down the remnants of the foils. My hair's looking darker than I've had it in a while, but I really like the colour. I guess I was ready for a change. I'll have to wait a few weeks until the ends of my hair are a little stronger to put in a lighter colour. For now my friend assures me that as the darker colour fades out of the ends they will get lighter. 

Have you changed up your hair recently? Or have you stuck with what works? I'm thinking of going shorter again for winter, to break away from the constant top knot I seem to lazily do almost everyday.

1. 2. 3. 4.

3 comments :

  1. I have the same hair dilemma - I think it's harder for natural blondes/fair hair to change colour because any change seems so much more drastic! My big hair change was going from very long (mid-way down my back) to a concave bob just over a year ago. Now I'm growing it out a little and it's all one length at about my shoulders. Look forward to seeing your colour progress! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see a photo of the new color! And I love that balayage/ombre/grown-out look. It'd look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the first two inspirations -so pretty.


    grace
    http://herumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...