Getting stuff done

Sunday, June 30, 2013

 photo loungeroom_zpsbde0ba4a.jpg

I thought I’d check back in & tell you how I’m going with my ‘getting stuff done’ mantra. The weekend before last my amazing friend took Lulu for most of Sunday and Nick & I set about ‘getting stuff done’:

  • I painted the back of the toilet door – step one to finishing painting the toilet.
  • I cleared out more weeds and dead branches from the back garden
  • Nick finished laying the new sprinkler system in the backyard, an epic job that has stretched over a number of months due to work commitments.
  • I also worked a little more on Lulu’s first year photo album.

It is amazing what you can get done in a few baby-free hours!

The next weekend was not so productive, with Nick working all weekend & me having a girls night on the Saturday (oh my goodness, if you haven’t done this in a while, do it, so nourishing for your soul to catch up with a few girlfriends, baby free!).


During the past week I finally applied for the Childcare Rebate and I made an appointment to get my tax done. Yesterday I worked though the mountain of paperwork for the accountant. I thought this would take forever but it actually only took an hour or so. Then we went to the hardware store to choose new front & back doors that will hopefully let more light in & picked up new blinds for our room & Lulu's room. 

In the afternoon we changed the lounge room around so that Nick's bike tools and bikes were no longer so prominent. I love having a 'proper' lounge room, and even if the bikes are hidden in the back corner until Nick gets his shed, at least I can't seen them while I'm watching tv. 


 How’d your ‘to do list’ going?

3 comments :

  1. Looking good! And I did have a chuckle about the bikes/parts/tools in the loungeroom conundrum. This is one I know very well. Although now, the bike stuff is under control but has given way to motorbike gear strewn about the lounge/dining room. (And it's stinky!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Alli! Okay, I'm going to stop procrastinating and get back to my own 'to do' list... :)
    Loved catching up on your posts!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOur house is looking GREAT Alli- love those exposed beams and the art work above the TV

    xo em

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...