Exercise stats

Friday, October 4, 2013

 photo me-lulu_zps3dda5491.jpg
Lulu sitting on my belly while I try to do crunches at Play Fit today
Since we got back from holidays in August I have been going to cross fit on Monday mornings and Play Fit on Friday mornings each week. Gosh getting back into work outs was hard, but this week I finally feel like I have made some progress. I'm no where near as sore as I was when I first started back after my winter hibernation and I guess that means it's time to start pushing myself again.

Cross Fit is held at the Ross Park Oval on Mondays at 9am and Play Fit is held on Fridays at 9am at the park across the road from my house - there's no excuse not to go! Both sessions are run by Kim from Body Works Fitness and kids are welcome. Play fit is normally a little less full on than Cross Fit but the past few weeks it's only been us Cross Fit girls there so Kim has pushed us a little harder. But you can all work to your own pace & Kim will rock your baby if it cries or keep your 18 month old entertained when all she wants to do is sit on your back while you try to do push ups! I had never been into group fitness before but this feels like a little community. I love it.

Here are my exercise stats for the week:

Monday Cross Fit
200m run warm up
burpies and sit-ups 1-10 pyramid
400m run then 10 weighted squats (6kg kettle ball), 10 overhead weights (4kg) and 10 in and outs x 4 rounds (I think the others did a few more rounds than me!)
burpies and sit-ups 10 - 1 pyramid

Tuesday
Week 1 Gillian Michaels Ripped in 30.

Friday Play Fit
250m powerwalk warm up
Circuit x 4 rounds.
10 lunges, 10 pushups, 10 squats, 10 Sit-ups, 10 dips
10 burpies, 10 punches, run 20m then 10 burpees, 10 punches repeat for 6min (this time decreasing each round)

Have you tried cross fit or any other group fitness? Do you love it or hate it? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...