A day at the Hahndorf Farm Barn

Thursday, September 4, 2014

 photo Farm-Barn-1_zps3aa62e6c.jpg
We've spent the last few days in Adelaide visiting my mum & brother, we were thinking of taking Lulu to the zoo when my brother suggested the Hahndorf Farm Barn. The Farm Barn allows you to get up close and personal with the animals, which is just what Lulu loves. I'm unsure how much some of the animals loved it though, some came up to you for cuddles while others ran away as fast as they could!

The Farm Barn has chickens, goats, cows, miniature ponys, camels, pigs, sheep, geese, kangaroos, rabbits, guinea pigs, ducks, deer and many baby animals. You can purchase food to feed the animals, though you do get mobbed, so beware! Yes, we were chased by geese and a goat did try to eat my top and my brother's jeans, but we survived.

Hahndorf is a cute little town in the Adelaide hills. It was settled by Germans and there are many German themed stores and restaurants and a few touristy shops. We had lunch at Udder Delights, a handmade cheese factory. Mum and I shared the cheese fondue - I have a distinct weakness for cheese fondue and this one did not disappoint. Of course Hahndorf has a Birkenstock store and I was able to get Lulu a pair for summer, plus at another store I purchased new uggs to replace the pair I have had for the last 10 years. Win Win. Hahndorf, a great day out.
 photo Farm-Barn-2_zps0f7ba580.jpg photo Farm-Barn-3_zps3dd16698.jpg photo Farm-Barn-4_zpsa37c9fc2.jpg photo Farm-Barn-5_zps5dd6b980.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...