Backyard Paving DIY

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

 photo backyard-paving_zpsk2v8jgx6.jpg
My vision for the backyard paving has come to fruition. With a bit of heavy lifting my mother-in-law and Nick were able to move the pavers into place one weekend. The following weekend, Nick and I spread out the gravel and wa la! We had completed our own paving work. If we can do this, anyone can. I know this blog isn't really a DIY blog but I am completely sure that other non-diy-ers may be itching to know how to do their own backyard paving DIY. It would be remiss of me not to set out the steps. So here goes...

How to lay pavers
1. Spray the ground for weeds
2. Lay weed matting
3. Spread out cracker dust to give the pavers a solid flat bed to nestle into
4. Lay the pavers. You may want to use a leveller to ensure the pavers are nestled correctly.
5. Spread the gravel around the pavers.

The cracker dust and pavers were recycled from our yard, pebbles new. Although it needs a little finishing off, I think it comes fairly close to our backyard paving inspiration, don't you?

 photo backyard-paving-_2_zps5fc3anoh.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...