Podcasts I'm loving

Thursday, June 4, 2015

 photo Podcasts_zps58gee56r.jpg
Do you listen to an iPod when you workout? When we lived in Melbourne I'd use my commute time to listen to podcasts, but in Alice Springs, the commute here is non-existant (lucky us!) and I have to find other times to listen to podcasts. I've found that when I run or workout is the perfect time. This year I've added a few more awesome podcasts to my rotation, so I am going to have to increase the amount of time I spend working out to ensure that I have time to listen to them! 

Podcasts I'm loving include:
TOFOP has been a favourite for a long time. It was Will Anderson and Charlie Clauson just shooting the shit, but then Charlie got a paying job that didn't approve of the podcast and it is now Wil Anderson chatting with other comedians. It gives insight into the working lives of comedians and is pretty funny. 

Something Wonkey is a political podcast from Jeremy Sear and Dave Gaukroger that also touches on news and Australian Media. The guys are based in Albury-Wadonga and it is great to have perspective from people outside of the capital cities. While their politics are similar to mine, it gives me greater argument for why I believe what I believe and is a great way to catch up on the political goings on of the week.

Chat 10 Looks 3 with Leigh Sales and Annabel Crabb - Here they talk books, cooking, tv, movies. Just like having a chat with your best friend. Oh I wish these ladies were my best friends. 

Wilosophy - a new podcast from Wil Anderson. He talks to friends and colleagues about their life philosophy. I started with the episode here he spoke to Judith Lucy, who has always been a bit of a hero of mine. It was gold.

I Seem Fun: The Diary of Jen Kirkman - Jen Kirkman was on Wilosophy and from there I became hooked on her podcast. She talks to herself, alone in her room. The podcast is about everything and nothing in particular all at the same time. Kirkman has an awesome attitude to life and the right mix of wit and smarts. She is a staunch feminist and is also socially awkward. My kind of lady.

Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin - My sister-in-law put me onto this one. Alec Baldwin talks to policy makers, artists and performers about many random things, including their big breaks, relationships, what keeps them going etc. His talk with Julie Andrews was mostly biographical and so interesting.

Please leave me a comment and tell me what podcasts you love. I need more motivation to get to the gym!

3 comments :

  1. Hey! I'm in the midst of podcast craze. So much to learn! I've discovered one called Mystery Show which is 40 minutes of a lady solving a mystery that can't be solved online. Today's was about a belt buckle with an engraved message on that her friend found in a gutter 20 years ago. Very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Mystery Show sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...