Renovations: Wardrobe Before and After

Thursday, July 23, 2015

 photo Wardrobe-before-after_zpswf9iain2.jpg
I had never designed a wardrobe until now. With a few design tips from Nick's mum I sketched out what I wanted and our wardrobe guy sent it to The Cabinet Shop to get drawn up. It came back with a $7000 estimate due to the elaborate cabinetry work involved! There was no way our budget could incorporate a $7000 wardrobe. Yes wardrobes are important as they house all our wonderful clothes but $7000 is a little steep considering I am not Christina Augilera (a chandelier would have totally blown the budget!). So I worked with the Cabinet Shop to redesign the wardrobe, removing the most expensive elements such as the front opening doors and the hidden shoe shelves (chandelier).



This is what remained. I think I'd like an extra shelf below the Nike sneakers shelf, but otherwise I'm really happy with it. Sure beats the before scenario, hey?
 photo wardrobe-build_zpsqt2l1ohm.jpg
Installed by Nick over a two month period
 photo wardrobe_zpshicv0bmx.jpg
Will not often look this tidy
 photo Wardrobe-1_zps7mpkonvh.jpg
A stool from Kmart to reach the things at the top
Ps My 4 tips for wardrobe organisation and more wardrobe inspiration here

Click here to like Girl in the Pjs on Facebook |

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...