Pregnancy 3rd Trimester

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Pregnancy 3rd Trimester | Girl in the Pjs

The third trimester is no piece of cake. The second trimester of pregnancy is where it is at. The third heralds the return of no energy, increased body aches and pains and no sleep. I've decided that the word for this trimester is waddle. Seriously, I waddle everywhere!

Here's how everything else is going:

Sleep
This trimester heralds the end of the boundless energy. Naps are back on the agenda. I wake up non stop during the night to go to the toilet and I often feel more achy when I wake up in the morning than I did when I went to bed.

Swelling
The cooler weather is here. I am no where near as swollen but there is still a fair amount of swelling.

Sickness
I'm feeling a little nauseous each morning but nothing like the first trimester!

Aches and Pains
The tummy just aches non stop. It feels as though the baby has grown and the tummy has not grown with it. The 'little kicks' hurt. I am constantly out of breath, even when I am sitting down.

Clothing
Nothing fits and every bra I own, including maternity bras are uncomfortable. Why do they make them so that they jab you in the side even if there is no wire? All pants dig in too and all tops seem to be too short. I have found refuge in the Men's Chesty Bonds singlets. They are really long & cover the entire belly.

Exercise
The gym has been curtailed as I am far too tired to turn up at the gym. I haven't suspended my membership yet as I keep hoping that I'll be able to go!

Work
Work will be finishing up this Friday, at the beginning of 36 Weeks. Not a minute too soon. It's too uncomfortable to sit at a desk but equally uncomfortable walking around!

How was the third trimester for you? A piece of cake or a little harder to deal with? I'm assuming the latter. You just end up so big that the body struggles to cope.

Stay tuned next week when I discuss my main pregnancy complication and associated anxiety.

Ps Pregnancy 1st Trimester and Pregnancy 2nd Trimester

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...