Post Natal Recovery

Thursday, May 19, 2016

 photo Tips-for-Post-Partum-Recovery_zpssbkrdwak.jpg

This weekend's link love is dedicated to post natal recovery. I have to admit that when Lulu was born I wrote about the birth, breastfeeding, pumping, sleep, but nothing about post natal recovery. That part seemed sidelined to the immediate necessity of learning to care for a newborn baby.

Tiredness
This time around we know how to care for a newborn, that part is 'routine' and what is obviously not routine is the changes in me. The tiredness, or lack of - for some reason I just coped at the hospital and while Zelda was there but since we are both home I feel tired all the time and struggle to get up during the night. This may be because I am doing more during the day or the tiredness from before finally caught up with me?!

Milk Production
Adjusting to milk production and breastfeeding is no joke. I blame this for bursting into tears at least once a day, though it could also be the lack of sleep. My eyes look terrible. Am hoping an eye treatment on Thursday will help fix this. However, my boobs feel way better this time round. Last time they hurt like hell each time I pumped. But this time it's way better, pretty much no pain at all. Now I see how women can stand to breastfeed for months on end - it doesn't always hurt. I will follow up soon with a post on how breastfeeding/pumping is working for us.

C-Section
I'm not going to lie, c-section recovery is awful. In my experience (and I know this is not everyone's experience) recovery from vaginal birth was 100 times easier than c-section, and that was with stitches! By week three post vaginal I was exercising again - at least walking around the block a few times, but post c-section, at almost 4 weeks, I am still sore just walking around Target Country to buy baby supplies. I am so keen to start exercising and feel a little more like myself - be able to do what I could do before, but I am no where near there yet. Lulu has mentioned wanting her mum back. Which is more than a little heartbreaking.

Anyway, here are a list of links where I have found tips to help me with my post natal recovery:

10 tips for postnatal recovery from Life By Bri

C-Section recovery must haves from XO, Mrs Measom - this post helped really helped me prepare for the possibility of a c-section.

The best analysis of the c-section process and recovery that I have read from Alyssa on the Life Jolie

Dressing for the 4th Trimester by the Fresh Exchange - this post goes way beyond dressing, discussing what you are thinking/feeling, including why you may need to wear sunglasses a lot!

If you could go back before you had your baby, what would you tell yourself? by The Grace Tales

What tips do you have for post natal recovery?

Wearing
Me - Peter Alexander nightgown
Lulu - Bonds
Zelda - Hospital issue clothes & blanket  

2 comments :

  1. I wish I had tips! I think recovery is the dirty little secret of pregnancy, from the pain to the squishy tummy (that just won't go away). I thought I was prepared, but I really wasn't at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! There's so much information on pregnancy & caring for infants but hardly anything about recovery.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...