Why We Quit Breastfeeding

Thursday, September 1, 2016

 photo Why-We-Quit-Breastfeeding_zpsyi27hden.jpg
We quit breastfeeding and we haven’t looked back. There are so many reasons to breastfeed but sometimes it just doesn’t work. It doesn’t work for the mother or it doesn’t work for the baby or both. These days with the ‘Breast is Best’ campaigns, you don’t often hear about when breastfeeding doesn’t work, when mums give up. But I know there must be a mum out there, struggling to make that decision that it just isn’t working. I’m here to tell you that it is ok to stop. Your baby will be fine & you will be fine. I stopped and my kids are fine, in fact, I’m better for it and my family is better for it. This is my story of how we came to quit breastfeeding. You can read the rest over on Organic Mama Blog here.

6 comments :

  1. I never breastfed my two daughters. They're 12 and 7 now are both very sweet, adorable, funny, get-along-great-with-each-other kids. LOOK AT THAT! NOTHING BAD HAPPENED! My eldest daughter is on the spectrum (currently being diagnosed for that) and even with that she seems to have gotten all the good bits from being on the spectrum and hardly any of the harder/bad bits (minus anxiety, she does suffer that on occasion) so there you go. Breast feed, don't breast feed. Just feed your kids and be happy. And stay off that part of the internet where all those mums just want to hate on you because it takes the time away from hating on themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, haters are gonna hate. You have to do what's best for you x

      Delete
  2. I breastfed 2 exclusively, had to stop feeding and bottle feed another from 3mths old and had to start another on solids at 4 mths because he was failure to thrive due to a virus. You know whats best? A fed baby!!! Any way you have to do it is the best way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just can't plan how this is going to work, hey? Anyway is best x

      Delete
  3. YES! It didn't work for me and my baby. At first I felt like such a failure, as the lactation consultants kept telling me to "just keep trying," while my baby's weight was dropping quickly. But we switched to pumping and supplementing with formula and she turned into a happy, healthy baby. Plus it worked SO much better for our whole family. My husband loved being able to help with bottles (and so did I!). I understand why the "breast is best" campaign exists, but it makes already stressed out mothers feel as though they are failing their children if they choose any other option -- even if not by choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much better is it when your husband can help?! My husband loved helping too. And you are right, sometimes breastfeeding just isn't an option and mums are are to feel so guilty. I think there needs to be a little more balance in these campaigns.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...