Gardening with kids

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

 photo Gardening-for-kids1_zpskkzv0xnd.jpg
A few months back, we were at the garden shop picking up some herbs to plant when Lulu requested that we also plant some vegetables. I normally shy away from growing anything beyond herbs as I never remember to water them, then they die. It's like throwing away my money. But since Lulu asked and it seemed like a good activity, I said yes. She chose carrots, peas and beetroot. We planted, we watered. I then remembered to water and when I didn't, have been lucky that this has been a very rainy late winter/spring.

Low and behold, vegetables have grown. We have eaten some peas and carrots and there's still more. We're waiting on the beetroot, letting it grow a little bigger. It is terribly exciting. Lulu is so proud of her vegetables. Now for us to get the fruit trees back on track for next year.
 photo Gardening-for-kids_zpsoktn1der.jpg
SaveSave

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...