New Podcasts to Love

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

 photo New-Podcasts_zpsssq8zyk3.jpg
My most favourite podcast, Something Wonky, has ended. They said they would only do 200 episodes and they have done just that, 200. Podcasts are my jam when I work out, I can't do it without them, so I have been on the lookout for something else to listen to. Scrolling through the top 100 podcasts on iTunes, I came across the Mamamia Podcast Network. Mamamia is not normally a website that I go to. The site just isn't for me, but I greatly admire Mia Freedman, the woman behind Mamamia. She has been a force for good in the magazine world and she has achieved so much. It also turns out that the podcasts produced by the Mamamia network are for me. The No Filter podcast and the I Don't Know How She Does It podcast are both fantastic.

On No Filter Mia interviews interesting people about their lives, no filter. I started with the Caroline Overington interview and found it fascinating. From her time in New York working as a correspondent with 18 mth old twins, to her mantra 'Fake it until you make it', to her helping Oprah live her best life.

I Don't Know How She Does It podcast has an interview with busy women about how the fit everything into their day. Women who you've wondered 'how the hell does she do it all?' It's a fascinating incite into the lives of women we admire and women we may not have heard of, who have busy, busy lives. I started with the Michelle Bridges podcast, eager to hear how she's going with her fitness empire and new bubba. Interestingly enough she does not have a full-time nanny, she co shares the 'babysitting' with her partner.

Both podcasts have the feeling that you are just out for coffee with friends. The women chat easily, it's fun and it makes you think. It's very different to Something Wonky, I am going to have to find a new political podcast, but I do like how No Filter and I Don't Know How She Does It have opened my listening horizons.

Ps Seven Things to Read Do Listen, Podcasts I'm Loving

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...