Ghostbusters

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

 photo ghostbusters-2016_zpsoyaeicvk.jpg
It’s been a while since we watched a movie. With a packed pre-Christmas schedule and kids that go to bed far too late, there just hasn’t been enough time at night to fit in a movie before I’m too tired and just have to go to bed. Post Christmas our internet wasn’t working - so no netflix, stan or apple tv - and I found a copy of the old Ghostbusters on a hard drive that we watched. And I am so glad we watched it again before watching the latest Ghostbusters. I had assumed, quite wrongly, that the latest ghostbusters was a sequel to the original, but it’s not, it’s a retelling of the story. Modernised. Told in a world where women don’t need men to help them. Where if you’ve been scared by a ghost you join the team to help fight. It has cameos from the actors of the original film -  which I never would have spotted, except the obvious ones, like Bill Murray & the green ghost. I absolutely loved the film and after seeing Office Christmas Party and Ghostbusters, Kate McKinnon is my new favourite actress - LOVE her. 

Have you seen the new Ghostbusters? What did you think? Did you love it? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...